Another Bad Faith Actor/Religious Narcissist Chokes On His Own Bag OF Dicks
Complete analysis of Cameron’s most recent comment
“Are you included in the list of ‘not infallible’? My disagreement of your ‘most of what you said is correct’ tells you nothing more than that I don’t agree with that statement. You are guilty of what you accused me of. That is your problem. It’s not one I can help you overcome. I’m not ‘Christian’. Shalom.”
The context of Cameron’s intervention matters.
My original comment was addressed to Cristy.
Cameron was not involved in that exchange when it began.
I told Cristy that:
My review was still incomplete.
Most of her OP had already survived scrutiny.
I remained uncertain about some points.
I was consulting qualified academic sources to verify, amend, and refine my conclusions.
I would share the completed review afterward.
She could choose whether I shared it publicly or privately.
Cameron therefore entered the conversation already knowing that:
The review was unfinished.
My claim-by-claim conclusions had not yet been presented.
My arguments and sources would accompany the eventual review.
He was free to ask a question in a public comment thread.
He was not entitled to:
Receive my unfinished research on demand.
Interrupt the process I had described.
Demand a premature source list.
Treat my refusal to serve unfinished work as an evidentiary failure.
He could simply have:
Waited for the completed review.
Asked whether sources would be included.
Read the finished analysis.
Challenged particular conclusions afterward.
Instead, he inserted himself into the exchange with sarcasm:
“Yea.... cause ChatGPT is SOOO smart.”
He then demanded sources for conclusions he knew had not yet been fully presented.
The cake analogy accurately describes the situation.
Cameron overheard me telling Cristy that the cake was still being prepared.
I told her:
Most of it had already passed inspection.
Some parts still required examination.
I would serve it when it was finished.
Cameron then wandered into the room and demanded:
A taste of the unfinished product.
The ingredient list.
The identities of the suppliers.
An accounting of the preparation process.
He was free to wait at the table with everyone else.
He was free to review the cake after it was served.
He was not entitled to demand that I stop baking and submit the unfinished batter for his approval.
Most remarkably, he appeared to promise the cake a bad review before discovering which ingredients it contained.
“Are you included in the list of ‘not infallible’?”
Yes, obviously.
My own fallibility was already implicit in the process I described:
I test my reasoning against objections.
I request supporting sources.
I open and read those sources myself.
I compare competing scholarly interpretations.
I verify, amend, and refine my conclusions.
Someone who considered himself infallible would have no reason to do any of those things.
Human fallibility does not mean:
Every conclusion is equally uncertain.
Informed judgment has no value.
All interpretations are equally plausible.
Nobody may conclude that an argument is correct.
Every objection deserves equal evidentiary weight.
Cameron’s question does not identify a contradiction in my reasoning.
It functions primarily as a rhetorical attempt to reframe intellectual diligence as personal arrogance.
“My disagreement … tells you nothing more than that I don’t agree with that statement.”
This is partly true but logically incomplete.
Cameron’s disagreement does not reveal:
Which individual claims he accepts.
Which individual claims he rejects.
Which claims he considers partly correct.
Which claims he believes require qualification.
Why he rejects any particular claim.
Whether his objections are historical, textual, theological, moral, psychological, or sociological.
Whether his objections concern Hebrew texts, Christian texts, or both.
Which evidence or scholarship informs his position.
Nevertheless, his disagreement necessarily communicates more than the bare psychological fact that he disagrees.
I committed myself to this preliminary proposition:
Most of what Cristy said is correct.
Cameron explicitly identified himself as disagreeing with that proposition.
He therefore committed himself to its negation:
It is not true that most of what Cristy said is correct.
That means he believes no clear majority of Cristy’s substantive claims should be judged correct.
It does not necessarily mean he regards most of them as demonstrably false.
“Not correct” could include claims he considers:
False.
Uncertain.
Misleading.
Exaggerated.
Insufficiently supported.
Partly correct but materially qualified.
But he unquestionably rejected my preliminary majority assessment.
He cannot coherently say his disagreement communicates literally nothing while ignoring what the negation of that particular proposition logically entails.
Cameron knows that our overall tallies differ—but he does not know where we substantively disagree.
Cameron knows my preliminary aggregate verdict:
More than half of Cristy’s substantive claims survived my scrutiny.
He opposes that overall tally.
But I had not disclosed:
Which claims I accepted.
Which claims I rejected.
Which claims I qualified.
Which claims remained unresolved.
How I interpreted particular passages in Cristy’s OP.
Which evidence informed each conclusion.
Cameron therefore could not know:
Which particular claims he and I evaluated differently.
Whether claims he rejected were among those I also intended to reject.
Whether concerns he had were already incorporated into my unfinished analysis.
Whether qualifications he considered necessary were the same qualifications I intended to make.
Whether we interpreted Cristy’s language in the same way.
Where the actual intellectual conflict between us was located.
He may know why he rejects enough of Cristy’s OP to oppose the proposition that most of it is correct.
But he does not know what he substantively disagrees with me about, apart from the final arithmetic.
The distinction is essential:
He knows that our overall tallies differ.
He does not know which entries produced the difference.
He therefore announced a dispute before he knew where the dispute was.
That is the funniest part:
Cameron still does not know which particular positions of mine he opposes.
I still do not know which particular conclusions of mine he intends to challenge.
Neither of us can identify the substantive disagreement because my claim-by-claim review has not yet been presented.
For all he knows, several claims he strongly opposes are precisely the claims I was still questioning, qualifying, or preparing to reject.
“I know enough” was therefore an unjustified posture.
Cameron knew enough to reject my preliminary aggregate verdict.
He did not know enough to identify:
The substantive position he was opposing.
The reasoning behind it.
The evidence supporting it.
The particular claims upon which we differed.
He could coherently say:
“I do not think most of Cristy’s OP is correct.”
He could not coherently claim to know that my reasoning was defective without seeing that reasoning.
“I know enough” communicated that further information was unnecessary to his posture.
But the missing information was precisely what would have been required to evaluate my actual analysis.
His demand for sources was premature and insufficiently specified.
Cameron could ask which sources I was consulting.
His ability to ask did not create an entitlement to an immediate answer.
I had already announced that:
The project was incomplete.
Verification was ongoing.
The conclusions would be presented afterward.
Furthermore, sources are relevant to particular propositions.
Because Cameron did not know which claims I:
Accepted,
Rejected,
Qualified,
Or left unresolved,
he could not yet know which sources were relevant to our disagreement.
A general demand to “name some qualified sources” was therefore not a focused evidentiary challenge.
It was a request for a preview of work that he knew was unfinished.
His sarcastic framing also showed that the purpose was not merely to understand my method.
It was meant to discredit my conclusion by associating it with ChatGPT before seeing the academic evidence I was independently consulting.
“You are guilty of what you accused me of.”
Cameron alleges an exact symmetry but does not establish one.
To demonstrate that claim, he needed to identify:
The exact unsupported conclusion I had reached about him.
What I inferred from his disagreement.
Why that inference duplicated something I accused him of doing.
He did not supply that analysis.
His strongest legitimate point is limited:
I did not know why he rejected my aggregate assessment.
I did not know which portions of Cristy’s OP he disputed.
I did not know the precise religious, cultural, historical, or ideological commitments motivating his reaction.
But I did not claim to possess a complete map of his beliefs.
I described a conditional category and the epistemic consequences for anyone who falls within it.
That is not equivalent to Cameron preemptively challenging an unfinished analysis whose substantive conclusions he had not yet seen.
The grammar of my conditional matters.
I described several possible conditions:
A deep personal investment in “the Bible” as inerrant.
A deep personal investment in “the Bible” as infallible.
Basing one’s personal identity upon treating “the Bible” as morally beyond meaningful reproach.
Basing one’s sense of personal value upon treating “the Bible” as morally beyond meaningful reproach.
I then described the consequence:
Someone with that kind of investment will predictably reject criticism that threatens it.
The words “you” and “you’re” functioned as generic second-person pronouns:
Whoever satisfies the antecedent falls within the consequent.
It is structurally equivalent to:
“If you think Trump is a genius and a saint, then you’re an idiot.”
In that construction:
“You” means whoever meets the stated condition.
It does not automatically assert that a particular person meets it.
Even if “you” is read as addressing Cameron specifically, the entire criticism remained conditional:
If Cameron meets at least one stated condition, the criticism applies.
If he meets none of them, it does not.
I did not categorically state:
Cameron is Christian.
Cameron believes the Bible is inerrant.
Cameron believes the Bible is infallible.
Cameron treats every biblical text as morally irreproachable.
Cameron nevertheless reacted as though the conditional implicated him personally.
If none of those conditions resembled his position, the simplest response would have been:
“None of that applies to me.”
Instead, he:
Treated the conditional as a personal accusation.
Defended his identity.
Mirrored my “that is your problem” language.
Announced that he was not Christian.
Ended with “Shalom.”
His reaction does not prove which exact antecedent applies to him.
It does show that the broader subject touched something personally identity-relevant.
Something identity-protective was clearly operating.
Cameron’s behavior was not emotionally neutral disagreement.
The cumulative evidence includes:
He entered an exchange that was not addressed to him.
He opened with sarcasm.
He mocked one part of my research process.
He demanded sources for an explicitly unfinished review.
He opposed the aggregate verdict before seeing its underlying analysis.
He announced that he already “knew enough.”
He interpreted a generic conditional as personally directed at him.
He retaliated by copying my language.
He volunteered that he was not Christian even though I had never called him one.
He closed with an identity-suggestive “Shalom.”
That pattern reveals:
Ego involvement.
Personal defensiveness.
Identity threat.
A sense that something personally valuable was being challenged.
Human motives do not become reasonably inferable only when someone explicitly confesses them.
They are routinely inferred from converging patterns of behavior.
Cameron’s behavior supplies that evidence.
The most charitable conclusion concerns an unspecified category of biblical content.
It would be unnecessarily specific to claim that Cameron has an identity-protective relationship to “biblical authority” generally.
His behavior does not establish exactly what authority he attributes to which texts.
The narrower and more charitable conclusion is:
Cameron has an identity-protective relationship to some unspecified category of biblical content implicated by Cristy’s OP.
That content might concern:
Moral authority.
Historical reliability.
Theological meaning.
Hebrew scripture.
Jewish religious identity.
Jewish cultural inheritance.
The reputation of particular biblical figures.
A specific textual interpretation.
Some other identity-relevant issue.
The precise object of his investment remains unknown.
What his behavior reveals is that Cristy’s criticism—and my preliminary conclusion that most of it was correct—collided with something connected to:
His ego.
His personal identity.
His sense of personal value.
The existence of that identity-protective investment is evident.
Its exact theological, cultural, or textual architecture remains unspecified.
“I’m not ‘Christian.’”
This denies a proposition I never asserted.
“Christian” and “identity-protectively invested in some category of biblical content” are entirely different categories.
None of my conditions required someone to:
Identify as Christian.
Accept the New Testament.
Belong to a church.
Subscribe to Christian theology.
Defend every biblical text.
A person may reject the Christian label while still having a deep identity investment in:
Hebrew scripture.
Biblical history.
Biblical morality.
Jewish religious identity.
Jewish cultural identity.
Particular biblical characters or traditions.
Conversely, Cameron might reject inerrancy and infallibility while remaining identity-protectively invested in some narrower question raised by Cristy.
His declaration that he is not Christian therefore does not answer any of the actual conditions I identified.
It responds to a claim nobody made.
His quotation marks around “Christian” are potentially meaningful but inconclusive.
Writing “Christian” in quotation marks may suggest:
Distance from the label.
Skepticism about how the label is defined.
Rejection of conventional Christianity.
Identification with some other biblical tradition.
A distinction he considers personally important.
But the quotation marks do not establish his precise beliefs.
They reinforce only that his relationship to the label is deliberate and identity-relevant.
“Shalom.”
“Shalom” could be:
An ordinary farewell.
A cultural expression.
A religious signal.
A pointed contrast with the Christian identity he denied.
A performative attempt to end the exchange.
It does not, by itself, prove:
That Cameron is Jewish.
That he practices Judaism.
That he accepts Hebrew scripture as inerrant or infallible.
What particular biblical content he is protecting.
In context, however, it reinforces the impression that his denial of Christianity was an identity-relevant distinction—not evidence of ideological detachment from biblical subject matter.
“That is your problem. It’s not one I can help you overcome.”
This mirrors my wording.
It does not demonstrate that the same problem exists on both sides.
Repeating an opponent’s conclusion back to him is not a substitute for establishing the parallel.
The sentence functions as:
Rhetorical retaliation.
An expression of personal offense.
An attempt to claim the final word.
It reveals more about the emotional character of his response than about the validity of his accusation.
What Cameron legitimately established
He established that:
He rejects my preliminary conclusion that most of Cristy’s OP is correct.
I do not yet know all his reasons for rejecting it.
I do not yet know which individual claims he accepts or rejects.
His disagreement alone does not reveal his complete position.
Those are fair limitations.
What Cameron did not establish
He did not establish:
That any particular conclusion in my unfinished review is wrong.
That any source I intend to use is unqualified.
That I treated ChatGPT as an authority.
That I consider myself infallible.
That I called him Christian.
That my conditional necessarily attributed any particular doctrine to him.
That he and I disagree about any presently identifiable individual claim.
That I committed the same error I attributed to him.
That his mockery was a substantive criticism.
That my refusal to produce unfinished work was evasive.
The central irony
Cameron has declared himself opposed to my overall tally.
But he cannot yet identify the substantive disagreement between us.
He does not know:
Which claims I accepted.
Which claims I rejected.
Which claims I qualified.
Which concerns I share with him.
I likewise cannot identify our specific disagreement because he has not presented his own claim-by-claim position.
We know only that our aggregate assessments differ.
Cameron nevertheless began arguing as though he had already located and refuted my position.
He preemptively objected to conclusions that had not yet been disclosed.
He accused me of misunderstanding his position while opposing a position of mine that he could not yet identify.
That is the funniest and most revealing feature of the exchange.
Overall conclusion
Cameron entered someone else’s exchange knowing that the promised review was incomplete.
He mocked the process and demanded supporting materials before the analysis was ready.
He rejected my preliminary aggregate assessment but could not identify any specific disagreement between us.
His disagreement necessarily means he rejects the proposition that most of Cristy’s OP is correct.
It does not reveal which claims produce our different tallies.
His “infallibility” question was a rhetorical diversion from a method explicitly built around verification and correction.
His charge of hypocrisy asserted a symmetry he did not demonstrate.
He misread—or rhetorically treated—my conditional as an unconditional diagnosis.
He denied being Christian even though nobody had called him Christian.
His behavior strongly indicates an identity-protective investment in some unspecified category of biblical content.
The exact object of that investment remains unknown.
Nothing in his reply substantively addresses:
Any individual claim in Cristy’s OP.
Any conclusion in my forthcoming review.
Any argument supporting those conclusions.
Any academic source I intend to cite.
His reply is therefore best understood as a personally defensive, preemptive objection to the anticipated direction of an analysis whose actual positions, reasoning, and evidence he has not yet seen.
Comments
Post a Comment